~Day 7 of 12 Days of Rebecca Rose~
I, for one, LOVE a mince-pie! It isn’t December unless I’ve eaten 1 (or 20) of them and you just can’t beat a homemade one, fresh out the oven with a dollop of brandy butter *drools*. However, I don’t always have time to make the pastry from scratch, especially when you have to put it in the fridge and then spend ages rolling it out without it getting stuck on the worktops. I thought I’d share with you a ‘cheats’ mince pie recipe which takes under 30 mins to make and bake and doesn’t make too much mess!
If you fancy making your mince pies completely from scratch(it’s very rewarding), I’ve written a blog post on it which you can find here.
- 400g of mincemeat (almost a jar)
- A packet of pre-rolled short crust pastry
- A drop of milk
- A large pinch of granulated sugar
- Icing sugar, to dust(optional)
- 1 non-stick bun tin
- 1 x 6cm circular cutter
- A star or any other shaped cutter
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius(gas mark 6)
- Open out your pre-rolled pastry and use a 6cm round cutter, cut out 8 circles. With the remaining pastry, cut out 8 stars(or you can do any other shape) to top.
- Brush the pastry circles with some milk and line the patty tins with them.
- Add a heaped teaspoon of mincemeat into each mince-pie, being careful not to overfill and then add the pastry stars on top and press lightly.
- Brush some milk over the top and sprinkle with a little sugar before popping in the oven for 15 – 18 minutes.
Rebecca Rose x
Instagram – @thatrebeccarose
Pinterest – @thatrebeccarose