~Day 3 of 12 Days of Rebecca Rose~
In December, one of my favourite hot drinks is a hot chocolate. There’s nothing better than curling up with one whilst watching a Christmas film. Although most the time I use a powder to make my hot chocolate, I thought that it would be nice to make one over the hob with real chocolate and cream. This certainly is the ultimate sweet treat!
- Half your chosen cup of double cream
- Half your chosen cup of milk
- 25g of milk chocolate, broken into squares(Terry’s Chocolate Orange and Nutella works nicely too)
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- Marshmallows, whipped cream, crushed candy canes or chocolate sauce to top(optional)
- Add your cream, milk, chocolate and spices in a pan and heat gently over a low heat whilst stirring with a wooden spoon.
- When a few bubbles start to appear at the top of the mixture and all the chocolate is melted, take the pan off the heat.
- This is the best part: adding the toppings! You can go for whatever you fancy: the classic cream and marshmallows combo or you could go for a festive twist with some crushed candy canes and festive sprinkles.
Rebecca Rose x
Instagram – @thatrebeccarose
Pinterest – @thatrebeccarose