With autumn now in full swing *sips pumpkin spice latte*, I love all the foods that come with it: be it pumpkin pie, apple crumbles, cinnamon spice, hot chocolates or a roast dinner. It’s one of my favourite things about this season! When I come home after a busy day, I’m usually STARVING so I like to grab a quick snack(especially if it’s autumn themed). Here are three 3 quick and easy autumn inspired recipes, that are perfect for quenching your hunger after a busy day.
Recipe 1 – Apple Crisps
- 1 Apple, cored
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Mandalin Slicer
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and line and grease to baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Using the mandolin slicer, carefully slice your cored apple into thin slices. Alternatively, if you don’t have a mandalin slicer, using a sharp knife cut, cut your apples horizontally into thin slices under 1 cm.
- Sprinkle your apple slices with cinnamon and bake for 10 minutes. Check your apples, they should be crisping round the edges but not burnt. If the apples aren’t done bake for a further 5 minutes. They can burn very easily so keep checking the oven!
- Leave the apples on the tray to dry out and enjoy!Recipe 2 – Soft Pumpkin Cereal Bars
- 1/4 cup of self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of big oats(not instant)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of Curiously Cinammon cereal
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips(optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a 20cm by 20cm tray with greaseproof paper.
- Stir the flour, salt, cinnamon, oats and brown sugar in a bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, pumpkin, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Then, pour into the dry ingredients and mix completely. Stir in the Curiously Cinnamon cereal and, if you are using chocolate chips, then add those too.
- Pour the mixture into a tray and pop into your preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool until slicing into around 12 squares and tucking in!
Recipe 3 – Sliced Apple and Toffee Sauce
This is definitely the quickest snack of them all! Simply slice 1 apple and put a blob of Cartmell’s Sticky Toffee Sauce in a mini bowl. If you don’t have any toffee sauce, you could alternatively use caramel or melt some toffee in a pan. Dip the apples into the sauce and enjoy!
Rebecca Rose x
instagram – @thatrebeccarose
pinterest – @thatrebeccarose