As soon as September rolls round, I find myself getting so excited to start drinking the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte – it is literally my favourite of ALL TIME!! When I was scrolling through Pinterest, I saw lots of recipes for homemade pumpkin spice lattes so I thought I’d try to make my own. I absolutely love how this tastes, it’s sweet but not too sickly and literally tastes like autumn in a cup. This is the perfect drink for snuggling up in front of the fire, now that the weathers getting colder, ~and~ you don’t have to go all the way to Starbucks to buy one.
Estimated Time to Make: 10 – 15 minutes
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of puréed pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup(plus a drizzle more to top)
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- Whipped cream(optional)
- Autumnal sprinkles(optional)
- Add the milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, sugar and spices into a saucepan and mix well.
- Gently heat the drink up on a low heat, stirring gently.
- Heat the mixture until it is just about to reach a gentle simmer before pouring into a cup.
- Top with whipped cream, maple syrup, festive sprinkles, a cinnamon stick or anything else that takes your fancy.
- Get all cosy with lots of blankets and autumnal candles and enjoy!
Rebecca Rose x
instagram – @thatrebeccarose
pinterest – @thatrebeccarose