Happy Valentine’s Day!! I love to have a movie night on Valentine’s Day and bake some sweet treats. I thought this year it would be nice to make something heart shaped seeing as it is Valentine’s Day. Here is a recipe for some heart shaped jam biscuits, a bit like Jammie Dodgers. They’re perfect for giving to a loved one or for a movie snack. They’re also really easy to make, so great for if you’re in a rush.
- 250g butter, softened
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk(you can also use a heaped tablespoon of custard powder instead)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- Jam(around 50g)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.Mix the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy before adding the egg and vanilla extract and stirring well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix until it forms a dough. You might need to use your hands towards the end to turn it into a dough.
- Wrap in Clingfilm and put in the fridge to chill for around 20-30 minutes.
- Roll the dough onto a floured surface until it’s around 0.5cm thick. Take a round biscuit cutter (7-8cm) and stamp around 25 biscuits. Then, using a smaller heart cutter, stamp half the biscuits with it. Pop onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 10-12 mins or until pale golden and leave to cool for 30 mins.
- Once the biscuits are cool, apply jam to the whole biscuits, spreading evenly. Carefully place the heart biscuits on top and enjoy!
instagram – rebeccarose_2017
pinterest – rebeccarose_2017