🎄Day 12 of 12 days of RebeccaRose🎄
I made this last Christmas and have been craving it ever since so when Christmas rolled around I had to try to recreate it! I love to top mine with whipped cream ,marshmallows and candy canes. It is Christmas after all! It’s the perfect festive treat to make on Christmas Eve, or any time you fancy a drink! It’s nice to take a bit of time to make the hot chocolate over a hob because the whole kitchen smells of candy canes! I used white chocolate for this recipe but feels free to use milk chocolate if you’re not a fan of white.
- Your chosen cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate
- peppermint extract
- 1 candy cane
- your chosen toppings: whipped cream, sprinkles. marshmallows
- Pour the milk, chocolate, candy cane and peppermint extract into a saucepan and stir gently on a medium/low heat.
- When the hot chocolate starts to bubble take of the heat and take out the candy cane. Pour into your chosen mug.
- Top with whipped cream and any other topping of your desire.
I hope you liked the hot chocolate recipe. I tend to have more hot chocolate in December because it’s perfect to have with a movie. Feel free to go crazy with the toppings, that’s what makes it taste so good! I hope you enjoyed blogmas and I’ll see y’all in 2018!